Ruby / Rails Developer
Who is Marquee Media?
Marquee Media connects consumers with products and services through content- based advertising. We create sponsored content about products and services, which are viewed by millions of readers each month across our network of vertical-centered web properties and media partners. Founded in the heart of Manhattan’s Flatiron District, we are constantly seeking new opportunities to innovate in the online media and advertising space.
We work in a open cubicle-free social environment, allowing ideas, communications, and collaboration to flow freely. We encourage our employees to learn and grow so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance and their careers.
What you'll be working on
There are a variety of exciting projects to work on at Marquee Media including an ad server that handles billions of requests per month, advanced data analysis systems and custom CMS software responsible for intelligently displaying relevant content that caters to readers’ interests.
We're looking for someone
- who loves Rails and Rack and keeps up to date with the latest and greatest
- who loves clean HTML & CSS and prides themselves on creating quality Ruby code
- who loves testing (Test Unit or Rspec)
- who lives near New York City (or who is willing to move to NYC) who will work in our office
- with good communication skills. You will be pairing with other developers and be part of a team
- with good organization skills, who keep track of current tasks, and always be on time
- who is a self learner. As developers we're all problem solvers, so we need someone who can make good assumptions and search for solutions before asking for help.
- who continuously takes action to improve their skills through books, practice, and maybe even going to conferences
- who has their own Mac notebook you can bring to work. We all own our own notebooks.
How to impress us
- Show us a webapp you created from start to finish (with no help).
- Show us open source projects you've worked on (with tested code).
- Show us an awesome portfolio or GitHub link. Talk to us about how you write clean code.